Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Well...we had our first practice. I could tell the other coaches were watching us...trying to see what secret plays we have, how good our players are...how badly they might get beaten...

Oh well, at least we have our uniforms now. The uniforms are blue with black shorts. The boys decided to call their team the Starblazers. I diagrammed the only real play we have, which is just passing down the field. Half of the team had trouble passing the ball, and ALL of the team is in terrible shape. Our first game is Saturday...I somehow dread to see just how we will do. Not that I think we have to win all the time, but I think the boys will start to feel bad if we lose all the time. Last year, when one of our better kids got hurt (walking across a parking lot, not on the field!) we had a bad streak and the kids were getting sort of depressed. I think that some of the other coaches are going to be hard-core; I really don't enjoy playing games with them. I want the boys to have a good time!

Well, that and win some times...

No comments: